View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 06:06 PM   #135
brossow
Amateur Rust Fighter

Re: Brent's '72 Custom/10 SWB stepside build

More to show off! Got the brake pedal assembly put back together this morning. Made a quick run to pick up a stainless bolt and a new brake light switch so it would be as good as possible before eventually being reinstalled. Darn happy with how it turned out, to say the least.

Then I tried my hand at the chrome powdercoat. Considering I wasn't working with pristine parts, the chrome stuff came out AWESOME, just as shiny as actual chrome. Unfortunately, when I followed it up with clear, it lost some of its luster. Not sure if that's because of something I did (temp too high? too much powder?) or if it's just the nature of the clear coat. The unassembled pics of the master cylinder are prior to the clear coat; the assembled pic is with it. I think you can see the difference -- kinda went from chrome to silver, but I can live with it. I'll have to do some experimenting with the chrome/clear to see if I can improve.

Last pic is the washer reservoir bracket in chrome and clear, plus the retainers for the MC cap. One more pic will follow in a separate post (reached the limit of 5 here).
Attached Images

'72 Chevy SWB stepside - [ Build Thread ]
'79 ChevMC SWB fleetside - [ Build Thread ]
'64 Chevy SWB fleetside & '66 Chevy SWB stepside (waiting in the wings...)
brossow is offline   Reply With Quote