View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 04:56 PM   #151
royo

Re: Brent's '72 Custom/10 SWB stepside build

Quote:
Originally Posted by brossow View Post
Switched ISPs on Monday and have been battling with the ensuing cluster**** ever since. Wanted TV, phone and Internet all on one bill -- switched to the cable company for phone and Internet on Monday and it was down by Tuesday. Had it repaired Wednesday and it was down again Wednesday evening. Had it repaired Thursday and it was down again within hours. Finally today they looked at the main line coming off the pole to the house and discovered it was literally falling apart. Was essentially without phone and Internet at home since Tuesday and blew 2.5 days of vacation time because of the mess. Grrr.....

Anyway, the LCAs showed up Tuesday, but it was my older son's birthday and I didn't have a ball joint press anyway, so they sat in the box until yesterday evening. Got them installed tonight and temporarily hung the drop spindles in place to see how things were going to look. (And no, the LCAs weren't bolted in tightly in the pic below.) I'm quite happy with how things are turning out up front! Unfortunately, stupid me forgot that I needed springs to go between the control arms so I ordered a 1" drop set yesterday and will have to work on other stuff until they arrive. Need to get the power steering stuff cleaned up and ready to go, so it won't be totally wasted time.

Also pulled the rearend back out from under the truck and gave it the coat of Chassis Black that had been forgotten. Oops! Looks great now and tomorrow it'll get bolted in for good.

That's about it for now. TGIF!
nevermind i found it

Last edited by royo; 10-26-2008 at 04:59 PM.
royo is offline   Reply With Quote