View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 11:36 PM   #153
brossow
Amateur Rust Fighter

Re: Brent's '72 Custom/10 SWB stepside build

This announcement has been a long time in the making! I'm happy to announce that as of this afternoon my truck (or what remains of it) is back on all four wheels for the first time in more than a year. Clearly there's a lot of work yet to be done, but for the first time in this project I really, really feel like I've accomplished something significant. There have been a lot of little "victories" along the way (such as my brake pedal assembly of which I'm extremely proud) but this really makes it feel "real."

Before I roll it away for the winter, I still need to finish up the steering stuff with a new gear box and Pitman arm and I want to get the engine and tranny dropped into place at least temporarily. But after that, the plan is to carefully set the new cab onto the frame and then pack it up until spring. It's depressing to think about not doing anything until next April, but that's life in this part of the world when you don't have decent facilities in which to work year-round.

Before I upload the pics, I want to offer a heartfelt thanks to everyone on here who has encouraged me and provided answers to what were sometimes stupid questions. I wouldn't have gotten nearly as far as I have without this place, and I appreciate the opportunity the site provides for me to post some pics, show off my hard work that no one else I know even seems to care about, and ramble on as I'm doing now.

I'll have more to offer before the snow flies, but just in case I hope everyone reading this has a great winter and whatever holidays you celebrate between now and spring.

Brent
Attached Images

'72 Chevy SWB stepside - [ Build Thread ]
'79 ChevMC SWB fleetside - [ Build Thread ]
'64 Chevy SWB fleetside & '66 Chevy SWB stepside (waiting in the wings...)
brossow is offline   Reply With Quote