View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 12:05 AM   #162
brossow
Amateur Rust Fighter

Re: Brent's '72 Custom/10 SWB stepside build

Got a little bit done today. After being frustrated with the engine not fitting as nicely as I had hoped, I decided to get the rear sway bar installed instead. Turns out the brackets for the end links needed to go exactly where the custom gas tank rails are at. I got it set up so that the rear bracket hole is secured with the front bolt for the tank rail. Still have to drill a hole for the front bolts, but I need to get a 3/4" spacer and longer bolts for those because of how everything lines up. I'll finish that up tomorrow, I hope.

Tonight, after some great advice and help from another board member, I decided to move the motor mount stands back to the 6-cylinder position in order for the oil pan to clear the crossmember. That necessitated creating new slots for the bottom studs since the 6-cylinder hole on the crossmember was not in the right location. Only had time to do the driver's side tonight as I didn't want to piss off the neighbors with drilling and cutting after 9 PM. Drilled two 3/8" holes and then used a Dremel cutoff wheel along with a saber saw to create the slot. Ground it smooth, painted it with Chassis Black for protection, and will let it dry overnight. Have to do the other side tomorrow and I guess I'll have to wait on reinstalling the engine stands until Tuesday since I want the paint to dry completely before those go back on.

Pics follow as usual....
Attached Images

'72 Chevy SWB stepside - [ Build Thread ]
'79 ChevMC SWB fleetside - [ Build Thread ]
'64 Chevy SWB fleetside & '66 Chevy SWB stepside (waiting in the wings...)
brossow is offline   Reply With Quote