View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 06:03 PM   #22
LILRED66
Account Suspended

Re: Making some progress on BCKNBLK

I noticed the date on the photos of the floor pans are April, 2005. That was my first effort at doing floor pans and kick panels. Now I match every seam and break, to be like the original. BCKNBLK has been on hold for almost five years, so I could do other projects. I will have her on the road in a few months, maybe sooner.

Here is a few photos of the stand-off bracket for the factory 4x4 shifter. It was necessary since the original SM420 has been replaced with a Turbo 400 and the original 4x4 shifter mounted to the 4-speed tranny housing. It is now complete and mocked up in the truck, but I don't have photos of it yet since I am on daddy-duty for the next few weeks, so shop time is limited. This is just the piece that kicks off the frame. The other part of the assembly has the factory 4x4 shifter and pivot.

This piece started out as a factory SM420 tranny cross member, with one end cut off, widened to meet the top and bottom flanges of the 4x4 frame rail and a flat plate welded on to provide a flat, solid mounting surface for the modified 4x4 transfer case shifter mechanism.
Attached Images

Last edited by LILRED66; 02-16-2009 at 06:06 PM.
LILRED66 is offline   Reply With Quote