Thread: "OrangeAnimal"
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 08:49 PM   #1
OrangeAnimal

"OrangeAnimal"

Well I figured I would post up my little project. It's a 82 Chevy SWB. I bought it cheap as seen in this picture. The engine was suffering from to many idiots screwing with it and the result was one cylinder with a burnt valve so I replaced the heads only to end up having the rings give out on 2 other cylinders after only running it for about 15 mins. So I said screw that and bought a longblock and started working on it. So now I have a nice mild built 350. Here she is when I got her.

Then I started on the interior. The dash and door panels were no good neither was the instrument panel. I replaced all those as well. Dakota Digital gauges and black door panels and dash pad. Here is one pic I will add more later.

Next was the suspension. I really couldn't decide what I wanted to do so I just did the static drop for now. 5/7 drop. I removed the homemade shackles from the rear and installed the new shackles and flipkit.I am also installing the C-notch. In the front I removed the cut stock springs and installed drop springs and drop spindles. Here is what it looks like now.

I also put a fuel cell in the bed and replaced just about everything bolted to the engine. I still have a few things left. If you noticed the truck is painted with Orange Rhino liner. Previous owner did that and It looks kinda cool. I don't know if I will leave it that way though. I am going to replace the seats and the carpet. I have also added a decent stereo system to the truck with all speakers in the factory locations except for the Kicker 12 . I will post up more pics when I get them on here.
OrangeAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote