View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 07:22 PM   #3
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

Talking Re: 1970 cst lwb project "Cheap Build"

ok todays progress. took the bed off and steamed cleaned 40 years of crap from everything.....when I got it back home I couldn't help myself and took out the tourches and stripped the frame of all the old hangers and bolts I may have gotten carried away when the old bump stops ( I'm saving them to weld in later) came off... well after that the springs came out and I started preping the frame for a C notch which will be made by a 5" piece of pipe and a piece of flat stock to box things up the shocks are gone too!! the rear frame rail is about 11" off the ground with nothing done to the front yet!!! and the cab corner is 8"

tomorrow I plan I getting the extra front clip that came with the truck, I need to replace the left side top A arm since it has a rot hole in it??? I'm also going to take the lowers and get the materails to cup the lower A arms for air bags and I can template up and make the top plate too, so when I tackle the front end I'll have everything ready to just assemble.....looks like I better start looking for some air bags used would be great ( I have and old air system in the garage too yea!!) I can't start painting the frame ( rustolium satin black $5) but I got 1 1/2 quarts from my buddy who did his old 66 ford with half a quart.....I plan on doing the bed bottom,the new floors,underside of the rockers,cab corners and the orginal floor in and out........

sorry I still can't post pics if someone could help??

jeff
Hottrucks is offline   Reply With Quote