View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 09:16 PM   #8
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

Re: 1970 cst lwb project "Cheap Build"

sorry I have been busy the last few on the truck
I used the board and got the wiring dia and got that straightened out along with the heat/ac controls.....I was killing time till my panels came and and you guessed it there here...I bought my panels from Napa because of the easy of everything including returns here's the list of stuff.....
drivers footwell and edge of seat to cab corner ( i'M GOING TO RETURN THE INNER ROCKERS i BOUGHT SINCE THESE PANELS HAVE THEM BUILT IN) pass cab corner and the 4 cab supports and a pass rocker which I'm going to exchange for a patch panel......again why I went to napa

today I was fitting some of the panels and they look SWEEEEEEEET !!!!! a few clamps and some long pop rivets keep things in line ( not pulled just as a locator) till I weld them

I also pull the doors apart to get a look inside since I picked up 2 other doors a tailgate a full exhaust and a glove box liner yesterday

tomorrow I plan I picking up a quart of bondo and some paint for the inside of the doors...I'm so looking forward to getting the cab in primer!! then the bed which I'm not sure how fancy I'm going to get with it till I get a better look at it, but I still need to cut my C notch before that...wouldn't want to forget that!!! Once I get the bed on it then I'm going to put on my exhaust so I can be sure when I cut it, it will exit in front of the rear wheels because the way it looks now theres no room over the rear axle???? but that need more home work...I would like it out the back?? but??

I'll reg it and start putting on miles while I hack at the spare front suspention getting it ready for a set of something hopfully air bags all the way around then I can pull it one weekend and swap out the stock stuff

Mikes Sandwich Fair Run OCT 8th 2011
Hottrucks is offline   Reply With Quote