View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 12:06 PM   #31
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Re: kyb shocks/ part numbers

The front and rear shock absorbers on 67-72 coil spring trucks will interchange if you wanted to. I have done it before. Front to rear, etc..

Second, ECE simply has done the research and determined appropriate shocks for lowered applications which they buy from KYB. Then, they cover over the official KYB part number on the box with their part number to save their proprietary information.

There is no way in hell that KYB makes specific shocks just for Early Classic. No way, no how.

If you buy the KYB shocks from ECE (like I have done many times) when you look closely at them, the KYB part number is stamped into the shock body right near the bottom eyelet.

After buying a few sets from ECE, nowdays when I buy KYBs, I simply order the KYB part number from Summit to save a good bit of money. Sorry ECE, times are tight. A KYB is a KYB regardless of where they come from.

On lowered trucks, the KYB GR-2 is much more suitable than the Gas-A-Just units are. The GR-2 is softer and helps the ride considerably.