View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 03:48 PM   #192
brossow
Amateur Rust Fighter

Re: Brent's '72 Custom/10 SWB stepside build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post
I understand about the pan. I have a truck one that I will swap you for your camaro pan or you can sell it pretty easily and buy the CTsV pan.

Was your truck originally a 6cyl? I had to drill one hole on each side because those mounts are for a BIG Block and my truck was originally a 350. I'm thinking you don't have the 2 holes because yours was a six??

Here are a couple of pictures of my crossmember. I had to drill the 2 bottom front holes on mine. I've got better pictures at home that I can post later. Let me know if there's any other way I can help.

R/
My truck was originally a six, yes, but I have no idea what donor of the crossmember I'm using had. I can drill holes, no problem, but I was concerned about the way the back part just kinda hangs out there. Supposed to do that? Would love to see more pics of yours before I drill more holes.

Any tips on locating the CTS-V pan used? And is eBay the best place to dump the F-body pan, or is there a specific market I should go after?

Thanks for the help. Feeling really, really frustrated at the moment -- waited half a year to be able to get back into this after a fairly productive fall in 2008, but now everything seems to be turning to crap.

'72 Chevy SWB stepside - [ Build Thread ]
'79 ChevMC SWB fleetside - [ Build Thread ]
'64 Chevy SWB fleetside & '66 Chevy SWB stepside (waiting in the wings...)
brossow is offline   Reply With Quote