View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 10:03 AM   #24
glock35ipsc
Next project: 1970 K10

Re: Glock's new project: "Fred"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
When are you planning on doing the suspension drop? What are you using to get the front where you want it?
No real sure when I'll do it. My son and I have been talking about taking another 1/2 coil out of the front and then 1 leaf out of the rear and run it like that for now, I might do that this weekend. As for doing it "right" , it will either be this winter or next. Then I'll go with spindles and 2" springs in front and either shackles if I want 4" or flip the rear for 5".

Once I get a few things swapped out and a few more things done to it that I listed in the first post, I just want to drive it for a while! Then I'll start gathering parts here and there.... carpet, door panels, paint and supplies, lowering components, etc. Then most likely next winter I'll strip the interior and redo it, then start on the outside. I don't want this to sit forever like the 68 did!

I was going to swap the 700R4 out of the parts Burb into it, but reverse is out of it. So in the next month or two I'll just have one built, then swap rear ends too. I don't know what gear ratio the Burb has, but since it has a 700R4 it's got to be better than 2.73.

1970 Chevy K10 LWB "Goldie" 350/TH350 next project!!
1981 Chevy C10 LWB 355/TH350 - My son's truck

LS SWAP FORUM! Tons of LS swap info here!
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT THE GREATEST BOARD ON THE NET!
CLICK HERE FOR THE FAQ INDEX by KRUE
glock35ipsc is offline   Reply With Quote