View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 11:53 PM   #66
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

Re: Project: Blank Slate

Now following the install of the rear brakes and wheel cylinders it was time to bleed the brakes. Due to being limited on tools (), we had to benchbleed the M/C on the truck. After checking each corner about 5 times and ensuring the lines didn't have any air in them, we were ready to move up front and install the factory sway bar and ECE lowered sway bar brackets. (Sorry no pics...)

Here's a few more shots of the rear kit (before paint) and just before the final payoff shots.

Name:  DSCN4905.jpg
Views: 9631
Size:  45.1 KB

Name:  DSCN4906.jpg
Views: 9611
Size:  48.4 KB

One thing I have failed to mention earlier was the painting process I went through. The majority of all the pieces will be "raw" when they arrive, so it will be in your best interest to paint those pieces. The method I used that seemed to work the best was:

- Clean them with thinner and allow time to thoroughly dry
- Paint the piece with etching primer
- Followed by the color of your choice

Now for the other issue we had with this kit, which was resolved by ECE by a simple phone call. After getting the M/C painted I pulled the cap back out and went to install it on the M/C, but after I flip the holding clamps up I noticed one didn't quite hold the cap down. Apparently during shipping the M/C suffered a rougher ride than the other pieces and ended up denting the M/C cap. After we got the truck on the ground and took it for its maiden voyage, it started to leak. After a call to ECE, they had a cap shipped out and after installing a new one, no more leak. Thank you ECE!

Notice the paint that was removed from the M/C. You can also see out attempts to tighten down the M/C cap by adding clear tubing surrounding the clamps; yet the cap must have been really tweaked as it still leaked. (Be sure you keep enough paint for after the install... )

Name:  DSCN4987.jpg
Views: 9618
Size:  45.5 KB

Name:  DSCN4988.jpg
Views: 9626
Size:  75.4 KB

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)
72BlckButy is offline   Reply With Quote