View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 12:47 AM   #1
likaroc13
Rollin' Old Skool

Another Newb/ Couple Teasers/ Need some help

Hey guys,

been around the site a little while, but now officially a member in my book...I grew up around the 60-66 Chevys, since they were my dad's favorites...having such sentiment, I've been longing to find one, & I recently picked up this '66 C-10 BBW short bed fleetside. I was gonna wait until I got my starter fixed & back it out to take some good pics...however, I thought i'd throw in a couple teaser pics until i can get it out of the garage. Aside from the normal lower front fenders & one door having rust, this things pretty solid...PO said he found it in North AL....I need some help with ID'ing this thing though...when I look at the VIN on the door jamb, it shows GMC....but if you look at the kick plate, there's nothing GMC on it....and the truck is registered as a '66 Chevy...the PO went through the process of getting the truck its first title...it has all of the custom trim of a '66 Chevy. It also has the '66 steering wheel with horn ring. However, it has '65 emblems. It had a 283 w/ 2 spd. Powerglide when PO purchased it...Powerglide was rebuilt not long ago, however the PO replaced the worn 283 with a '66 327...btw, i'm getting the "original" 283 as well....i'll get more pics in the near future, & I'll be looking to this site for help in building....on to the pics, & let me know what you think about the VIN tags....thanks & enjoy

Last edited by likaroc13; 07-27-2009 at 12:58 AM.
likaroc13 is offline   Reply With Quote