View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 04:07 PM   #250
glock35ipsc
Next project: 1970 K10

Re: Glock's new project: "Fred"

I love it in Colorado! Except for the rattle snakes, don't care for those. Never have.

Good news, engine and trans is here!!!! There are a couple things missing, like the top cover and the yoke off of the driveshaft. But I'll get everything out tonight and see what's not there and let them know. They said they would ship out anything that was not there that should have been.

On another note, I decided against the LS1 intake. After talking to Roger Vinci of Vinci Performance (camshaft maker) and Thunder Racing, I decided it would put me three steps back.

I knew I would lose a little bottom end by going to the LS1 intake, but after some more research and talking to these guys, this would actually be the worst intake to use. I want bottom end, I'm not trying to max out RPM's and HP. The LS1 is the worst at making low end torque. So the best bet is to use the truck intake, followed by the LS6 intake. I don't want to spend the extra couple hundred for an LS6 intake, so I'll stick with the truck intake and try to make it look better. Plus, I don't really want to go to a 2600+ rpm converter.

So since my plan was to build a reliable hot rod that runs hard AND gets great fuel mileage, I'll stick to the truck intake. Later I'll still probably do a cam and converter, but I'll probably continue use the truck intake, unless I find a smoking deal on an LS6 intake. But by that point, the truck will take on a whole other purpose.

1970 Chevy K10 LWB "Goldie" 350/TH350 next project!!
1981 Chevy C10 LWB 355/TH350 - My son's truck

LS SWAP FORUM! Tons of LS swap info here!
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT THE GREATEST BOARD ON THE NET!
CLICK HERE FOR THE FAQ INDEX by KRUE
glock35ipsc is offline   Reply With Quote