Special Order

Re: Opinions needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by duallyjams View Post
I'll bring my super BFH.
How about your hot wrench,too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtblazer View Post
Glad to hear you still have the 37's Tim.

I'd run em with the 6" lift, look at it like this.

Folks run 35's with a four inch lift all the time and will swear it's the perfect set up, so then why couldn't you run 37's with a six inch lift?
It'd be the same lift/clearance detail.

Would it be perfect? No, same as 35's & a 4" really isn't...but does it work? SURE!

As for the gearing, 4:10's w/35's are great but IMO, growing another 2"s larger isn't going to kill ya.
When I went from 39.5's to 42's, the difference was nominal.

Will 37's on a set of stock steelies look good? HELL YES.
This truck will be my dream work truck.I found a low profile utility bed,if it hasn`t sold yet,a couple weeks ago.It won`t see any extreme twistin`.Not exactly a mall cruiser.But,pretty much a 4wd for when you need it.I still will explore to it`s best ability.Just want some practicle (not that wheelin`isn`t practicle).I was going to put these on my Highlander before I sold it.I guess 3.54s aren`t that far off from 3.73s.i`m thinking I can put the HO52 in when lifting and have the 4.10s and the Dana 60 can follow shortly.If I sell the 3.54s I should be able to use the money to go over that axle.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote