Thread: Opinions needed
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 07:08 AM   #34
special-K
Special Order

Re: Opinions needed

These are all great suggestions for raising a truck without tossing usable weight capacity out the window.I`ve used a local spring shop over the years as much as patronized 4wd shops.It depends on the intended use.
This truck will be my driver built to suit who I am.I like back roads but we all hit the hiway from time to time.I spend alot of my life either working on houses or trucks and motorcycles.I like having tools handy.I also love camping and being well equipped then,too.I like my trucks to be hansom and tough.It will go off road,but not too crazy.It will be worked out of,but only when I want to and it will be treated with care.It will tow,but not too much.
I really wanted the truck to be lifted 4" so I could run 255/85s or 33-35s for flotation.Since I`m not going to do the "built for fun" shortbed I`m looking to use the 6" springs and 37s on this`72 for a combination of the two.It will be beefier yet.The 37s are a novelty and 35s will be the mainstay.I`d like to come up with some tall skinnies in a simular height eventually.
I liked the way the blue & white truck ran and am shooting for that.I have a 4.10 HO52 w/No-Spin that I want to mount disc brakes on for this truck.I may go with the drums for now as long as they are operable as they are.They`re supposed to be.I haven`t even looked at the Dana 60.I foresee a minimum of caliper replacement and maybe rotors.I`d like to have a hi-steer crossover set-up ready to go.I have a new 2wd steering box.
I`ll definately keep you guys posted on the progress.I can`t jump into anything with both hands and feet these days.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote