View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 06:04 PM   #199
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

I brought it home today. I used a trailer because the lights wouldn't work and I didn't want a hassle from the local cops. I drove it on and off the trailer though. Anyway, I got started figuring out the electrical situation. It's kinda bad, but fixable. I got the headlights to work, except one high beam, which is probably a bad bulb. Did you know that not having a dimmer switch hooked up prevents the headlights from working? Good thing I had a spare hanging around the garage. I have power to both front parking lights, but bad bulbs. I have power to the rear tail light harness, but that is probably the worst part of all. The tail light assemblies are corroded beyond use. The tail light harness is a bit messed up in a couple spots. All the ground wires are corroded off. I'll have to swing by the junkyard in the morning, because I didn't keep any spares of those tail lights around. Maybe I'll get lucky and find a good harness too. I got power to the dome lights, but there is a ground problem on the wires running through the top wall. I unplugged it to keep it from draining the battery. I had to patch the harness from the fuse block to the top, that's when I found the other problem.

So all in all, I think I have it diagnosed and know what needs to be done to get the lights working properly.

I love my pressure washer. It cleaned the top off beautifully. It's actually white again. I didn't have the camera today for a good comparison shot, but it was unbelievable. I'll post some after pics later. Got a bit of a rain storm coming through at the moment.

I found some rusted out rear body mounts. I'm not even sure yet how I'm going to fix this. I'll post pics of that also, and hopefully someone will chime in with a suggestion.

More later.

Last edited by hgs_notes; 09-11-2009 at 06:06 PM.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote