View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 07:39 PM   #211
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

You have no idea how nice it is to be able to make regular updates. When I injured my arm back in July, and had to stop most of everything I love to do to relieve stress, it just plain sucked. My arm still is not 100%, but I can use it and there is very little discomfort, as long as I take it easy on that side.

Anyway, update for today. Checked out the left rear blinker and turns out to be just a poor connection between the tail light harness and the one that comes back from the firewall. So all the main driving lights are working. I just need to find some screws for the tail light lenses.

Got the pass side header in, re-wrapped most of the front light harness, re-routed the starter wires to keep them from burning up, tightened some loose crossmember bolts, and took it for a ride around the block. Open headers

OMG that thing is a beast. The floor is pretty open and the header outlet is right there. It's like being in a resonance chamber.

BTW, I love the headers. They were supposed to be for my C-10, but hit the crossmember on that because these are for 4x4's only. There is a bunch of clearnace on both sides. They tuck up in the frame rail. The only thing I had to do extra was take out the shift rod from the column to linkage and make a slight bend in it.

You can see the rod there now after the bend, before it rubbed the header.

The only odd thing with them is that one outlet is shorter than the other. This picture was taken pretty much perpendicular to the frame. You can see how high they sit up, and the offset.

The only money I spent this week on it was for bulbs, about $15. So the total is now $693.

I'm not sure what I'll do next, brakes or exhaust. I'm kinda tired of laying under it and washing the grit out of my eyes. There are a couple things on the tranny I'd like to take care of that might be easier without the exhaust pipes there. And the brakes are seriously bad. I think I just talked myself into a brake job.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote