View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 11:22 AM   #218
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gferris5 View Post
Hey Mike~
Frequent board-lurker here. Just wanted to say nice work on the truck here; looks like its going to be a lot of fun. and I hear you about the stress relieving aspect of working on these old trucks. Anyway, keep up the good work!
Thanks, yeah the truck has come ways, still so far to go though.

I've been taking a few minutes here and there looking at brake things. The rear resorvoir of the master cylinder was empty, but I did not add fluid because I'm going to check the lines and cylinders first. Does no good to pour fluid to the ground.

I found a test procedure online here http://www.autoshop101.com/ (check the tech articles link) and found that the booster is functioning, but has some leakage issues, maybe related to a check valve or according to a mechanic friend of mine, just lack of use. Very good info on that site though.

Then last night I jacked up the front axle and tested the function of the front brakes. They grab and release like they are supposed to. I'll pull the wheels and check the condition of the pads and rotors later on.

With all the work I've been doing underneath this thing, I wish I would have used the pressure washer under there also. I think I might still do that, then blow it off with the air hose. I'm getting tired of wiping my eyes out all the time.

Last edited by hgs_notes; 09-23-2009 at 11:23 AM.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote