View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 06:44 PM   #10
capev86

Re: need template for cab lights for new burb

hello budder71....

i got the fax and i will try and get the instructions posted one of these days. my dad has a printer with a scanner built in. the plans show what looks like a late 50's gm pickup cab, but you can tell they are the 8" yankee lamps. the middle 3 are spaced 6" apart from each other but the big variation is one setup puts the outer 2 at 25" from centerline with the back end tipped in 2-3/4 inches and the other setup calls for 35 inches from centerline and only a 2-9/16's tip in. i am guessing since the 67-72 has a wider cab like the modern trucks it will use the wider spread plan. i also don't recall my dad's truck having the side lamps really cocked, only slightly. i will know better after i climb up on the truck, take some measurements and look at multiple angles with the lamps mocked up. if only i'd made a template back in 1995 when we found my dad's 72 burb in the junkyard 5 minutes from his house. it must have been fate because he sold it to a guy a 1/2 hour away over in new hampshire and there were/ still are several larger junkyards over that way.
capev86 is offline   Reply With Quote