View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 11:12 PM   #7
jocko

Re: Assembly Plant "L" ??

Just found out some more info from the dealer that had this thing listed - the guy selling it was a collector - and he's only owned it since Jan 2008 - and when he stuffed it in his barn he never changed the title over from the original owner. So much for my assumption that I bought it from the original owner (well, actually, it was more than an assumption, the dealer SAID it was the original owner's..) Well, technically, I did buy it from the original owner according to the title - it's just that a guy that never bothered to re-title it once he bought it was wedged between me and the original owner. (that doesn't seem quite legal...) Oh well. Still a nice truck, great shape, no rust. Doesn't really matter to me if 50 people have owned it.

Thanks for helping - and I'm still trying to figure out the L assembly plant code... really odd that no L's listed for 62 trucks in any of the manuals - but I think you're probably right - it probably is Los Angeles. Regardless of make, Chevy didn't change the assembly plant codes depending on the model - they were the same across all models (if they used a common plant). I want to check the trim tag - if there even is one on this truck(?)... to make sure it wasn't a "GM of Canada" truck - something Lil Red 66 mentioned - could be the case. But if I think about it, a Canadian truck would have the Oshawa plant code, ("1") the only one in Canada at the time - and this VIN clearly has a capital "L". Must be Los Angeles. That's my story and I'm stickin to it.
jocko is online now   Reply With Quote