View Single Post
Old 04-17-2003, 10:26 AM   #1
Lippyp
English Chevy Owner

Blew a power steering line today

I pulled up in the carpark at my dentists surgery this morning with faceache after having a wisdom tooth extracted last week, got out of the truck and noticed an arc of wetness in the dust where I had backed into the parking space. I looked underneath and sure enough there was fluid dripping of the steering box.

When I came out of the dentist with a numb jaw and a mouth full of some foul tasting disinfectant I started her up and turned the wheel and fluid squirted out in a steady stream from the pressure hose where the rubber section joins the metal fitting before the box. It was leaking so fast that I called the RAC (kinda like AAA) and they sent a nice flatbed recovery wagon and hauled me home (about five miles or so) I didn't want to risk driving it as it's very busy with the kids having finished school for easter and the pump/box would have been dry before I got home. I have had a replacement pump and lines sat in the garage since christmas ready to go on in place of the current bodged on pump, guess I can't put it off any longer! Oh well forecast is great it's about 24 degrees which is a reasonable summers day here, incredibly unseasonal weather for the last week, we had the warmest dryest march since records began in about 1759.

Damned 35 year old machinery! At least I got to my local cruise last night.

'67 C10 long fleet.
350/TH350, 4 bbl Carter, K&N, Dual exhaust, loads of stuff coming soon

2001 S10 Blazer Daily Driver, bone stock 4 door 4x4 with manual transmission
Lippyp is offline   Reply With Quote