View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 12:03 PM   #173
Bruce88

Re: It’s Just A Pickup

Time to start putting some of the puzzle peaces together
With all the patch panel items involved with the rocker replacement definitely want them in the right place in relation to one another.

There wasn’t any damage to the cab from an accident just plenty of rust and cancer in the metal. Before starting to cut in earnest I took some measurements to make sure everything is put back in the right place. Even checked the measurements against the other door opening and another cab that I have and all the measurements where very close. At the door opening where the rocker is attached, seal area to seal area is 35.75 inches and top seal area to bottom seal area in the middle of the door opening is 74. inches.

When positioning the Outer Floor Extension there where a few things that didn’t line up. The forward edge had to be cut back about ¼ inch to get it to sit right. The four holes in the forward end of the extension that are for the bolts thru the support where about ½ inch forward of the support holes. The hole location will be worked out with test fitting of door and fender to find the lower fender attach point prior to welding in the lower pillar panel. All the rest of the Outer Floor Extension lined up very good with existing floor and panel contours.

Reminder to self buy some more cleckos, I used all the cleckos I had to locate the panels and could have used more. I definitely like to have every thing cleckoed in place to keep everything in alignment prior to welding. They take a little longer time to use with drilling the holes but I definitely prefer them compared to clamps.

I took a lot of pictures as I progressed thru this portion of the rocker replacement now to figure out which ones to use and what notes to add to them. I think if you go thru the pictures you can see how I’m progressing up to this point.

Name:  Rocker-Replacement-1.jpg
Views: 7781
Size:  98.9 KB

Name:  Rocker-Replacement-2.jpg
Views: 7719
Size:  57.7 KB

Name:  Rocker-Replacement-3.jpg
Views: 7779
Size:  59.1 KB

Name:  Rocker-Replacement-4.jpg
Views: 7817
Size:  51.9 KB