View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 04:51 PM   #21
jhnpldng

Re: Underbed gas tanks...yes again

I've got one from a 93 S10 blazer strapped under mine. For now. Motor came from blazer so it already had the 55lb fuel pump in it so I used it but it hangs down. (yes a little baby vortec 4.3) I've looked at every damn FI GM fuel tank on rockauto and don't see one that will fit. The spectra gives dimensions if you click on the "I" for info. That classicparts one looks real similar to the LMC one. I'm going to have to email them both and ask if the lock ring and/or hole in the tank is standard chevy. If so then I could get one and put a fuel injected pump and sending unit in it.

Here's what an S10 blazer tank looks like underneath. 19gal. You can just barely see the pumpkin underneath.

If I end up keeping this tank I'll extend the neck out through the bed and put a gas door on.

I'm keeping my eye out for a dirt cheap 98ish vortec 350 but in the meantime I got the S10 blazer for 200 bucks and scrapped the body for 300. Put the 4.3 w/tranny/wiring/puter etc in the 64 GMC to replace the tired old 80 something 250 six banger. It looks half way decent in there and gets good mileage plus the GMC had a V6 in it originally so the V6 emblems still work.

Can't wait to get it all together so I can tear it all apart and put it all together again. properly.

93 S10 blazer tank is 20 gal 33x22x10 1/2 and will not go between the frame rails
lmc is 21 gal 30x19x13
classic is 20 gal 26 1/2x17x14
jhnpldng is offline   Reply With Quote