Thread: PO has me PO'd
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 02:51 PM   #1267
jaros44sr

Re: PO has me PO'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by red71cheyenne View Post
Awhile back you were having trouble lining up your body lines due to the body mounts and then when you put the half top on the bolt holes didn't line up. How did you get her all lined out? I ask because my body lines are still not great and I think its due to the cab mounts not being shimmed right or something.
It's still wacked alittle, but after Kurt and I discussed it and with his measurements we're pretty confident where the trouble lies. You have to remember I had no physical metal to reference off of, so when I hung the cowl off of the rafters I added one more click on the ratchet strap(thinking there would be inherent sag),but there wasn't any. Also, I built it without the front fenders on it, there in lays the problem. I had three sides that looked great and thought that would be enuff. So, by added the the fourth line(front fender) it wacked it out by a 1/2"

Adding the 1/2 top only proved my problem, as it sits 1/2" back towards the rear of the truck only on the passenger side, sooooo, lowering the "A" post patch panel, rocker backing plate, floor or all of the above should resolve the SNAFU. AND bring the half top forward the needed demension. Just gotta figure out what moves what where, and by how much...seems simple in theory lol

I don't know exactly what you did so far, so it would be hard to give you an exact answer, only tips on where the problem may lie. Post up specific problem areas and I'm sure we all can come up with an answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big J View Post
Damn this is turning into a fine lookin' K5! (sorry I was feelin' left out)
Damn it! I'm feelin' the Luv. I guess we're OK, this thread hasn't gotten locked......YET!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 Suburban View Post
I have to say. I look at mine and think wow there is some work to make this nice. but I see ppl like you bringing back the dead.. I'm impressed.
You can do it, just gotta stick toit. I keep telling myself that, plus I wouldn't want to let the board down If I had money instead of tools, I might not have done this so many times. Thanks for the compliments, but I'm only doing stock. Can you imagine how much more difficult it must be to modify things...Those guys have real talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
Wow, I have to say originally living in Ohio that's a common site for most old vehicles. I got sick of dealing with that 25 years ago and started buying our cars out west and hauling or driving them back East.
Got sick of doing that and just decided to move to Arizona to be closer to all the rust free cars Not to mention it's in the 70's here,,,,in December Sorry you probably didn't want to hear that.
I've only heard rumors of such cars, where would the fun and challenge be in building such a truck! My workshop is 70 in December

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyman63 View Post
I'm clear for Feb. and March both. What are you thinking?........damn it
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtblazer View Post
Looks like it's up to Jim.

Say when...Dammit.

OK, dammit, let's pick March. Alright, we have a date, now where do we meet

Geez, that took alot of typing, I'm beat, don't think I've typed that much in 3 years that I've been on the board

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim

Last edited by jaros44sr; 12-03-2009 at 03:06 PM.
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote