View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 10:40 PM   #5
jxnslotcar

Thumbs up Re: 5.3 lifter ticking

I have a 2000 GMC Sierra with 5.3 that has piston slap. Sometimes it is bad enough to kick in the knock sensor It has been doing this for 60,ooo miles. I pull a trailer with it fully loaded with 4 choppers and assorted gear. I would not hesitate to drive it to California if I had to. I have an engine sitting on an engine stand that I bought 5-6 years ago. Thought I would change it once it blew up,well still going.... I have decided to change it witin the next 2 weeks and go through it once it is out. I am thinking about putting it into a 52 Chevy AD that I am picking up this weekend. I need to find out what it is going to take in order to do that. I was going to keep the 216 engine in the old truck but am giving some serious thought to doing the swap. Good luck with your truck but unless a lifter is sticky from getting Dexcool in the oil from a leaking intake gasket,I wouldn't worry about it. If it is a sticky lifer,put in a qt of Dexron ATF and leave it in there until your next LOF Hope this helps!
jxnslotcar is offline   Reply With Quote