View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 05:52 PM   #7
MXmaniac

Re: UT Arlington Formula SAE car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britain Smith View Post
Thats cool man. I was on the UT Austin team many years ago and was one of the drivers from the enduro event in Detroit. There is a Washington team that comes to our AX events from time to time for practice. Here is my AX weapon now.

-Britain
Thanks. Your car looks great, that's an awesome picture too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineNXS View Post
Hey hows it goin, nice car. Im actually on the University of Illinois Urbana/Champaign team, and we are at about the same build stage as you guys. I am a junior and this is actually my first year on the team, but its a blast, and you can learn loads from it. Definitely keep with it, certainly if you want to go into the automotive filed like me. Go mechanical engineers.....have fun

Brad
Yeah I'm already learning a ton. Can't get enough. Can you give any more info about your car? Maybe I'll see you in Detroit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke1 View Post
That is freaking cool, what size turbo on that bike?
I don't know the specs on the turbo, but its a little guy. They took it to the dyno a couple weeks ago, but the intake was causing a resonance so they couldn't run it under boost. With the wastegate open it still made respectable power. A new intake has been fabbed up now so hopefully it will go back to the dyno this week and see what it does with some boost and more tuning.

At this point the frame is almost ready to come off of the jigs so the undersides of the joints can be welded. Currently we are mainly making tabs for mounting various components.
Attached Images

'97 F*rd Mustang GT(4.6L, 5-speed) Daily Driver
If I only wanted two pedals I'd have bought a bicycle.

Last edited by MXmaniac; 01-27-2010 at 05:54 PM.
MXmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote