View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 07:03 AM   #202
watahyahknow

Re: 1987 Chevy Silverado project

i've seen them use calc paper for the other side they stick it on the side they allready taped and mark out some referencepoints and use a piece of eeeeeeh burned wood..... dunno the english word for it or pencil to trace the tape underneat
then they take of the calc paper and punch little holes through the lines with a needle every 1/4 inch or so then they stick the whole sheet of paper to the other side with the drawn side towarth the truck and use talcom in a sock or sum coloured powder and tap the stuff on the paper through the little holes onto the truck
when you take the paper off you have a patern of tiny dots to wish to lay the tape over on the other side
it wil make both sides identical wish is nice when you look at the truck from the front with the doors open
dont forget to tape the flames through the doorjambs its a little extra effort but hardly any cost and looks a whole lot better at a meet

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts

Last edited by watahyahknow; 02-07-2010 at 07:05 AM.
watahyahknow is offline   Reply With Quote