View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 02:19 AM   #127
1986swb

Re: lowered shortbeds on stock wheels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
Thanks, hopefully it will turn out as good as yours. I'm still debating on the flip kit though.
I looked at a bunch of options to do a mild drop for my truck, including doing a flip for the rear. Keep in mind the flip will drop your rear about 5" and you may have to trim the rear bumper stops. This is based on what I read and not through experience. If this is the case, you will probably need to drop the front end at between 3-3.5" to that both front and rear drops appear level.

If you noticed my 2.5" front drop and the 4" rear drop, they look pretty level. Even up close it looks pretty good and level. This set up has been done by many and it a proven combination -- without any issues to suspension or geometry. Like I mentioned earlier, the only thing I had to do was to cut away some of the bed support pieces to accomodate the taller drop shackles. I've read that some drop spindles of 3" had issues with caliper clearances but some minor grinding will resolve that issue.

You can also go with drop "A" arms which are good but you will need to spend some cash. I wanted to keep everything pretty stock looking so I reused my "A" arms and rebult them.

On that note, here's what $1000 looks like. Additionally, I included some pics of the taller shackles for your reference.
Attached Images

1986swb is offline   Reply With Quote