View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 10:06 AM   #3
WIDESIDE72

Re: How about some pics of 67-72 Trucks

Here are a few of an original paint 71 Cheyenne Super my brother bought in Port Lavaca Texas a few years back for $4000 (!). It was a HARD loaded truck with FACTORY 402 BB/ TH400, AC, tilt, tach factory AM FM, FACTORY CRUISE CONTROL (WORKING!), front sway bar and in bed spare tire mount. I don't have a picture of the SPID, but I think he does. It also had AC Delco rear air shocks with onboard compressor. There was a gauge and control under the dash to air up the shocks. It was not on the SPID, but the control had "AC DELCO" on it, leading me to believe it might have been dealer installed (?). The only thing I can think of that it didn't have was bucket seats. After putting new tires, shocks and tuning it up, he DROVE it back to Virginia where he lives. we threw the old camper shell I had on it to cover some other things he was taking back. I think it looks "period correct" on there. He said he got around 12mpg. He drove it a while, then sold it for $14,500 (!) I think the pics are kinda cool, as I took them with a low res cell phone camera, so they look old, even though they aren't.
Attached Images