View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 09:56 AM   #322
brossow
Amateur Rust Fighter

Re: Brent's '72 Custom/10 SWB stepside build

Even though it's too cold for me to work, my buddy with the heated body shop has been hard at work on my sheet metal for my '72 Chevy shortbed stepside project. Went up to visit it (and him) the other day and took a few pics.

In the first pic below you can see the radiator support. Doesn't look like much, which is exactly the point -- it used to have a big hole that looked like the PO had used a shotgun at close range rather than cutting a proper circle for whatever passed through it at one point. You can't tell now -- it's smooth as glass.

Next pic is one of the dealer take-off rear fenders, which were rust-free (having been stored in an attic since September 1971) but had some dings and nicks from being moved and transported. Again, smooth as glass and he's not even done blocking 'em.

Last pic shows the brand-new (repro) bed sides. Those didn't need much attention, but for the money I have invested I like to show them off as much as possible. LOL!

In related news, I'm going back to the color I had wanted originally (which I'm going to TRY to keep a secret as long as possible -- nothing shocking, just want to keep it under wraps for now). Changed my mind last fall when I was planning to have the panels painted individually and then brought back to my place for assembly, which limited my paint options in terms of matching, etc. But now that we're gonna do the assembly at my buddy's shop, I can go back to my original choice. It's gonna be beautiful.

Brent <-- looking forward to spring!
Attached Images

'72 Chevy SWB stepside - [ Build Thread ]
'79 ChevMC SWB fleetside - [ Build Thread ]
'64 Chevy SWB fleetside & '66 Chevy SWB stepside (waiting in the wings...)
brossow is offline   Reply With Quote