View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 09:21 AM   #5
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

Re: 1970 cst lwb project "Cheap Build"

oh boy better scrap the votec Idea pulled the heads to find the head gasket smoked and 1 piston burnt down on the good side the $$ from the scrap dealer has become a 472 Caddy motor/trans..if I told the guy it was sold and saturday I'll call and go get it ( about an hour from me) we'll see my luck has been crap lately so X your fingers

other than that I just added the power brake booster which would have been a 1 hour job but my master was leaking out the back so after breaking the short lines between the master and proportioning valve I'm on my way to NAPA to get the new ones and finish that up

the bed is in the garage wheeel wells came out pretty easy all the bolts came right out I cleaned and scrubbed the bottom pounded out the floor dents and its ready for a coat of paint this weekend...the bad news..there where a few spots the you could see that the bondo was cracking so I whipped out the 6" grinder and some 36 grit after grinding out a gallon of dust I found out it must have been hit back int he day so the PS rear corner was pulled out with an old school drill and pull dent puller....I have about 2 hours in to pounding it back out ( pretty easy with the bed off) I'm going to weld in the 15 or so dent puller holes grind it down I'm alot happier about how litttle filler it will take but I think the board sander is going to be my freind for awhile..I can work on it more after it back on the truck but wanted to get it as straight sheet metsal wise as I can before I put it on the truck and start the tubbing....still waiting on my wheels...
Hottrucks is offline   Reply With Quote