View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 07:13 AM   #1
Mr-Jack
Beer Drink'n Knuckle Dragger

Post Calling all '67 & '68 4x4 Owners - LEAF SPRING Data Sheet

Since the 67-68 4x4 Trucks are equipped with differant spring dimensions and sizes from the 69-72+ I'm putting something together....just some spring tech data that would be useful for members and i was wondering if you would give me a hand so i can build this spreadsheet.

If you have 69-72 spring data, i will add that as well.

I'm not looking for credit for anything, just trying to build something that people could reference when trying to either replace a spring, get spring rates for load carrying capacity, easy swap in springs from differant year modes, chosing the correct spring for a lift application, etc...

I'm looking for spring dimensions and i'll be working on this for a while, but if you have stock springs, lifted springs, springs you had built for you, aftermarket lift springs, springs from a junkyard...all spring data is helpful.

Please include the following information: (Preferably in order and specify front or rear)

- Make/Model/Year
- Where the spring came from (Stock, Aftermarket *Brand*, Another vehicle, etc)
- Provide Lift info for the springs as well (how much lift the spring is and if you have aftermarket hangers/shackles, please provide that as well)

Dimensions: (Using the picture below)
- (Green) - D1:
- (Blue) - D2:
- (Brown) - D3:
- (Purple) - D4:
- (Yellow) - D5:
- (Brown + Purple) - D6:
- Spring Width - D7:

Front of the truck is on the left and this is for the front and rear

I'll be saving all this information on a data sheet and posting it once i get some data rolling. If ya'll think this won't be benificial, I'll just scrap the idea, but I believe this would be very helpful for people in the future.

Thanks,

Jack

Last edited by Mr-Jack; 03-17-2010 at 07:14 AM.
Mr-Jack is offline   Reply With Quote