View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 11:58 AM   #327
sdailey
The Few, The Proud

Re: Project - '69 4x4 named "Patches"

I got one more thing checked off the to-do list yesterday. Here recently Alan and I fished the brake lines through the frame for the intial fit up. I bought a complete set from Inline Tube a year or so ago and I was worried that I would have an issue with them fitting well. I know several members had issues using them, but it looks like I got lucky and got a good set. I ordered a set of stainless extended brake hoses from Off Road Design last week and they finally showed up. If anyone is needing some extended hoses for a lifted truck these are some pretty nice pieces and would recommend them to anyone.

http://www.offroaddesign.com/catalog...brakelines.htm

I test fitted them and everything seemed to fall into place. The picture below is kind of deceiving, because it makes the hose looks short, but there is a good bit of slack in the hose that the picture doesn't show.

Once I get my fuel tank installed permanently and the fuel line plumbed in I'll go through and mount the fuel and brake lines to the frame. As it is now they are just "floating" in the frame.

I'm currently waiting to get my cab back from the sandblaster. Hopefully I can pick it up this weekend if it's done. Then the real work starts and hopefully some noticeable progress to post about.

Stay tuned...