View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 10:48 PM   #242
Flames97

Re: How about some pics of 47-59

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1955 Eddie View Post
Flames97
I'll see if i can dig up some old pics of the back half. I'll tell you though if i had to do it all over again I'd follow Kabwe's lead on the frame mods. I have a very similar C notch as he shows on his build thread. My truck already had a bad sub frame hack job when I bought it so i just cut it off and corrected the issues before welding it back on. The front wasnt low enough for me so I cut the bottom of the spring pockets out and extended them lower. When it is laid out it, the lower A frame touches the frame minus a very thin bump stop. I used slam specialities RE8 bags up front. I bought the shorter (I believe 54 inch end to end) s10 disc brake rearend including the leaf springs. I fabricated some brackets to mount the leafs to the frame. RE6 bags out back. Again a lot of man hours in that and the 4 link would have been much nicer and hours considered, cheaper.

Thanks For the info. I have a 4-link w/air and c-notched frame. Originally I wasn't sure if it would allow me to go as low as I wanted. But from the sounds of yours, it will be just right.

'15.5 Chevy Duramax LTZ/Z71, LML, CC/SB
'77 Chevy K10, 4" lift, 33-12.50, 350/350
'55 Chevy Short Box (In Pieces)MII,4-link,Bagged,383 Stroker,700r4,3.73posi (SOLD)
My 55.2 Chevy 3100 Build
Flames97 is offline   Reply With Quote