View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 10:06 AM   #1511
Doc_G

Re: How about some pics of 60-66 Trucks

Here's Lucille the day I picked her up. I am the third owner, I got it from the grandson of the original owner. I only paid 400.00 for her and couldn't be happier. I don't know what all I will end up doing to her, but I am steadilly making her into a DD. My current thoughts are "Resto-Mod" but who knows, I may go all out like some I have seen on here.

She runs like a champ, and the day I bought her I brought a fresh battery and some starter fluid along with the usual inspection tools. Even with out the starter fluid she started right up w/the barest bump of the key, and still does. I've got to do something about the steering, as it's got to be the hardest manual steering vehicle I've ever seen. Does like it should when in reverse... but in forward man... you gotta really work the old steering wheel. I've changed the rear brakes, and will be doing the front and getting the steering sorted out hopefully this weekend barring rain. Some of you guys have given me alot to think about with your posted pics. There are some beauties posted here.