View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 10:03 AM   #334
sdailey
The Few, The Proud

Re: Project - '69 4x4 named "Patches"

Well I turned a major corner in my build this weekend. The blaster called me first thing Saturday morning to tell me that my cab was finished. When we originally dropped it off to the blaster Alan and I had discussed hauling it to his work to prime it in their paint booth. Due to prior obligations Alan and I both couldn't get away until late Saturday afternoon. We got everything loaded up and headed out about 6pm. After chewing the fat with the blaster and stopping for a quick bite to eat we got to Alan's shop around 8pm. We got everything unloaded and immediately went to work.

I started by stripping the seam sealer off the cab that the blaster couldn't get off.

Alan jumped in when I was done with that and started blowing the sand out of the cab.

We then rolled the cab into the booth and setup stands for my hood, tranny cover, and cowl.

Alan setup his paint gun and he turned me loose shooting primer.

This was not fun

We finally finished up around 12:30 or so. Alan then turned on the heat for a little while to make sure everything was good and dry before we loaded it all back up and hauled it home.

We finally rolled in about 1:15 Sunday morning. We rolled the cab into basement and called it a night. Of course, Sunday morning when we woke up my wife said do you smell paint? Oh well what do you do.

Many thanks goes out to Alan for helping me get to this stage of my build and for hanging in there with me until 1am Sunday morning.

Stay tuned progress should start picking up.

Last edited by sdailey; 03-23-2010 at 07:56 AM.
sdailey is offline   Reply With Quote