View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 06:19 PM   #156
v502

Re: 79 C10 swap with L92 with 6L90

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 TT View Post
Don't be afraid of a 3000 stall in a daily driver. With the lock-up torque converter the negative side of it is greatly negated. It will really help get that thing moving. Once you hit lock-up speed at part throttle and the converter locks up the stall is irrelevant.

Any more than 3000 is a little high for a daily driver but can be done depending upon how much city driving you do. I started with a 4000 in my 98 Z/28 when it was my weekend toy but changed to a 3000 after I put it back into daily driver status. The 4000 was a bit much for stop & go traffic. It built up too much heat in the trans.
I have decided not to put in a torque converter for now cause its $1200 for that trans so i want make sure its the right one. So i keep it stock and get a feel out of it before i spend that kind of money.

buckshot305 The transmission was kind of big but if fits fine if u sat it little bit lower trying to raise the transmission anymore than that will need you need to to cut the trans tunnel.

Update my engine is going in for the LAST TIME I pretty excited it be done hopefully around a week or 2

v502 is offline   Reply With Quote