View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 12:45 AM   #119
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: My whole braking system - thinking out loud

The LS1 rotors are 12.01" in diameter and 1.02" thich which while being bigger in diameter are thinner, which may not be an issue. The center register hole is 2.78" whereas the truck axles require a center register of aprox 3.08-3.10". So a machining process would be required. Then the bolt pattern is 5 x 4.65", so the 5 x 5" pattern would need to be drilled. The shallower depth would lend itself to a simpler less expensive caliper bracket, but I don't know if that would be enough to offset the cost of machining the rotors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87chevy.com View Post
The LS1 rotors are not as deep which could work if you redrilled the rotors... However I do not know the center register or inner diameter for the axle to mate up to.. i have no measurements...

No, the Impala SS style caliper is completely different than the D52 style calipers. I didn't spend a lot of time reading on the Impala SS forum, but they were talking about front brake upgrades, not the rear. I used to make a bracket for the Lincoln rotors and the smaller GM Metric caliper. I have since sold out of that design, but I plan to develop a new improved desing in the not to distant future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvn1011 View Post
Quick question captn, would the impala caliper bracket that u offer work with the d52? I was reading this website and they offer a d52 for replacements to the B body impalas
Link. http://www.impalassforum.com/vBullet....php?p=2260867
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvn1011 View Post
Would probably need. The caliper cage though
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote