View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 03:08 PM   #2419
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Re: Project Vitamin C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by structures View Post
Man I'll have to check mine again! I don't recall them being different. Thanks!
Did you check yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba327 View Post
Alan, I love digital cameras and take lots of pictures before I tear stuff like brakes apart then I can look to see how they go back together if they will be apart for some time. Then I read the manual .
I found on my truck's rear brakes the shoes were installed wrong by P.O. and the shorter shoe was in the rear position on the passenger side.
I wish that I had taken a lot of pics during tear down, but I didn't. Now I take too many. haha When I put the brakes on the 55 someone on the forum pointed out to me that had the shoes on backwards. I love all the great help we get on this forum. It had been a while since had had dones brakes. I used to do them a lot for people in the service at the hobby shop on base. It's been 20 years since I had done brakes.

Call it beginners luck or what ever, but I got the fan shroud made today. I couldn't have ask for anything better. As we all know I have limited experience with custom fabrication. To me this was complex due to exact measurements. I don't know if I would have the same luck if I made another. Here are the steps I took.

The sheet of aluminum

What I had in mind.

The layout

The piece cut out and corners notched.

The first set of bends

I used these vice grips to tweak a couple corners that didn't bend to a true 90*

Ran out of time today. This is where it is at now. Still need to make the top and bottom caps and cut the hole for the fan then test fit. Hope it clears the engine.

Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote