Thread: I'm baack!
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 10:55 AM   #4
DarkFox1
in WAY over my head

Re: I'm baack!

Thanks.

Yea, this would be my 4th truck since joining.

2 of which were daily drivers, the other 2 projects.

I really dont want to do anything fancy with this truck, just make it a clean driver. I guess I may need to get a FSM and figure out how the dash comes apart.

I considered getting a full silverado cab and just transferring parts (this cab is solid so I donnt want to REPLACE it.. just the interior.) but I dont want the neighbors calling the county on me for having parts in my yard. (doubt they would.. thats the pot calling the kettle black!)

that will all be done after the trucks up'n running.

I'm gonna start out pulling the motor and and getting it rebuilt, I figure all new sensors and all aught to put it on the right track. First and foremost it's gotta be reliable.

Once the motor and tranny are back in I'll do the fuel tank fuel pump, sending unit, fuel filter in line and if it needs it new fuel lines. (mud may not have been kind underneath.. it may need new brake lines and fuel lines. Don't know.) Next up would be a reman'd driveshaft, then I can start to check out the brakes and all that.

I'm going to be doing this in my back yard.. that won't be much fun but once I get the truck moving it can borrow a bay from my belair during weekends for day projects. I figure it needs new tie rods, shocks and a brake job.

I've considered putting my belair in storage but I'm afraid I wouldn't drive it if it I did that and it'd deteriorate.
DarkFox1 is offline   Reply With Quote