View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 08:16 PM   #2482
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Re: Project Vitamin C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffrida2005 View Post
I hear you there Alan, going to the box so many times has screwed me up. I'm being put out for PTSD and my back know.
Hope it all goes well and they take care of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strodder View Post
Allan keep focused on your truck, and the depression will go away, at least temporally. You need to stay busy at some thing to take your mind off what is depressing you. It might as well be your truck. Kick that depression atta here. josh:
I hear ya. I get sad sometimes when I think of all the money it will take to get the truck on the road. Can't pay the bills as it is with the tiny checks I've been bringing home. A good paying side job would help out tremendously right now.

Quote:
I wish I could do that, but I dont have all the stuff nor the money to finish mine right now.
I hear ya brother.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba327 View Post
Hey Alan ,Remember we are all pulling for you.
I get bad mood swings in the winter. SADD. Seasonal attitude disorder or something close. It goes away when the sun and spring time returns . I use a sunlamp when I am at the computer in the winter which seems to help. I find things that make me happy and just do it even if it is silly
My doc says that testosterone levels go down as men get older and that can affect moods . And the sun lamp helps the serotonin in the brain. Had a check-up lately?
It really bites to get older..everything is wearing out and I am just turning 49.-- hang in there!! bubba mm:
It's not SADD now it's MADD "Money Account Drained Down"

Quote:
Heck i'm only 28 and feel like i'm 60.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl08 View Post
Chief, I know the feeling. I have not even worked a project in over 6 years (VW beetle). That to me is depressing in its self. I have been a car nut my whole life. I eat sleep drink the automotive world. I want to build a truck so bad. Maybe one day......

Keep up the work, I will be reading on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernski View Post
Hi Allen just wanted you to know that IMHO your build thread is the best,and has inspired me and I'm sure allot of us Truckies to hang in there an keep going on there projects. Not only the great pictures, also a wealth of info on how to get things done and done right. If I ever get mine done you will always be a part of it for sure and thank you for that....Vernski:metal
Thanks Vernski!!

The fuel door is ticking me off. The door install is OK, but the bedside was lumpy to start with and the welding aggravated it. I've been chasing highs and low spots. I don't have my shrinking hammer at home. I'm not very good at shrinking yet. I've done some but need more practice.

First I tried putting some pressure out at the fuel door while drawing the wheel arch in with a rachet strap, while I welded the rest of the fuel pocket up. It didn't help.

The profile looks good until I put a straight edge on it.

This is the high spot was was chasing around. Had some tin canning going on. You can see some heat spots where I tried to heat shrink some by quenching it. It helped with the tin can some.

I cut slits in the BS to remove the tension on the metal. I got it tacked to gether and it helped a lot. Still not the way I want it, but it might stay that way.

Storms rolling in time to get off the computer.
Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote