View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 11:49 PM   #2492
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Re: Project Vitamin C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strodder View Post
That's a good idea. He's always in a hurry though. If he does, I'll try to do a video.
Or you could fly out.
I've got some vacation coming up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerotruk63 View Post
Sunchaser Tools. Shrinking Disk. Has anyone tried it. He offered a 3 day course for working metal. If you can't get it the first time your invited back till you do. He was booked unfortunately when I had a layover in Ca. couple a years back.
http://64.78.59.162/merchant.mvc?Scr...tore_Code=STOS
I would like to try one of those. Thanks for the link. I've seen videos of it being used, but there is nothing like seeing it in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommys66 View Post
Alan, every time I catch up on your thread, you add weeks to my build! I wasn't going to use a fuel door in the bedside, but I like how yours turned out so now I might cut one in too. Exceptional work once again!

I am glad to see you keep your head straight when you get bummed out. much better to go to the shop and do nothing if you have to, than turn to the bottle or a fake fix, keep it up man your truly an inspiration...
Sorry for creating more work for you. Don't send any hate mail if it doesn't flow right. It hasn't been tested yet.

Thanks for the comments. It's hard sometimes to stay focused, but so is getting up and going to work at times. We get up and get the job done anyway. One thing I'm proud of is that it's been over 3.5 years since my last beer. It's too the point now I don't even think about it. It's a good thing cause I couldn't afford it anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkndsdl View Post
Alan, looking good! I have a question; on your patch panels, what are you using to sand the weld seams down? I'm getting ready to tackle patch panels soon, and need all the help I can get!
Here are some weapons of destruction. I use the 1991 (in left of picture) to grind the weld down almost even with the sheet metal. The I use the 1407 36 grit the finish it out prior to filler. BTW thanks for the comments.
Attached Images

Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote