View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 01:56 PM   #18
skoffice

Re: I figure it's about that time..

I haven't gone to get it from the shop yet. It's all mocked up and done, just need to throw some welds on it. I've been dealing with my daily driver (98 Cherokee) being down. It finally let go after 195k and so I just had to build a stroked 4.0 for it Now that it's back to drivin I should be starting my 4 link this coming week. I believe the 8.8 is only about 60" wide WMS to WMS whereas a normal 12 bolt is only 1 or 2" wider. So normal smaller tires is definitely an option. It's a great rear end, disc brakes, posi, 31 spline shafts, and easy to identify what's inside when you're at the junk yard. The little tag on one of the dif cover bolts tells you what's inside, for example, the one I got has 3 L 73 on it. The L means limited slip and the other numbers are the gears: 3.73. The downside to these axles are that they are still C-clip, and the 5 x 4.5 bolt pattern. A guy could weld on the big bearing 9" outers if he wanted to, eliminating the C-clips. I have been doing a bunch of sanding on the inside of the cab this past week, hopefully get some primer on it today and shoot some paint this weekend. I uncovered a rotted out cab corner on the driver side unfortunately. Debating on getting the patch panel from LMC or just welding up the hole in it and gob it up with some fiberglass We will see how it plays out. My goal for now is to get the interior finished so I can just shut the doors and focus on everything outside.. I'll have updates and pics by Monday!