View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 05:40 PM   #1397
1badgmc

Re: How about some pics of 73-91 crew cabs

It has a burgundy interior right now. I'd like to swap it to gray and swap in some GMT-400 bucket seats and console in the front and bench in the rear. I'd like a full array of AutoMeter Phantom white face gauges mounted behind the dash bezel. Beyond that, no big plans for the interior. Just clean it up and make it nice.

Outside, the thing HAS to go down. I don't need it to lay out, but it needs to be low. A nice 5/7 or 6/8 static drop would suit me just fine. The running boards and TV antenna need to go away along with the opera lights on the b- and c-pillars. I'll move the horns off the roof and put them under the hood. The grille guard will be gone and I have an '89-'91 GMC grille update for it. Ditch the emblems and fill in all the excess holes from the conversion crap. Maybe some GMT-400 cab clearance lights for the lower profile. Lose the step bumper in favor of a rollpan. I'd like the LED inserts for the stock taillights. The only real custom bodywork I might do would be to shave the tailgate handle and fill in the center, but I've also considered shaving it and going with a Blazer-style center tailgate insert.

This is the paint scheme I have in mind...

The blue in the 2-tone would be the same blue as on my '91.

It really all sounds like a lot when you list it out like that, but really, it's not. I just don't have any spare cash to devote to the project right now.