View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 03:31 PM   #119
LEEVON

Re: Project "Popeye"

Well on the plus side my back is feeling 90% better (or the drugs are working) so I'm pretty well back in action. I finished dismantling the truck last weekend and mounted the cab on the chassis for mock-up. I've got an entire trailer load of scrap, really I'm just using the body and title. My neighbor is taking the old chassis for the running gear to transplant onto his 3/4 ton '49. Nothing from the original chassis or drivetrain remains except for one running board support because of a missing one on my donor chassis.

Diamondback was very gracious, Bill the owner ansered the phone. Offered a 100% refund even though I mounted one of the tires. I still have to pay shipping both wasy but for a made-to-order product that is very nice. Hats off to them.

When I ordered the wheels and caps through Summit I also ordered lug nuts. The caps arrived by themselves from wheel vintiques and the lug nuts came with the wheels from Cragar (Carlisle Wheel and Tire)...in a big box...and there were only (4) as in 1,2,3,4 rolling around in the bottom of the box. Laughable but frustrating. Summit at first said they were all shipped, then backpeddled and said they are on backorder. Nice to know, what is a guy going to do with 4 lug nuts? My #1 rule of retail customer service (as I see it) is never take money up front and tell you something is backordered later.

Last edited by LEEVON; 06-16-2010 at 03:37 PM.
LEEVON is offline   Reply With Quote