View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 09:43 AM   #134
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: The Great Critter Revival ‘09

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT67 View Post
The wheels pictured on your Blazer, what are they called? I had a set, but the truck sat too long and the tires became dry rotted, so we swapped them out. My dad had the tires in his back yard, in front of his garage, with a dog(sometimes two), and some jerk still got away with 4 tires and wheels (ruining two sets), so he scrapped them all. Long story short, I'd like to find another set someday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critter View Post
I think they are called "turbines", at least thats what I have heard them called. I think they are very cool in a retro way, honestly, if I could find a way to polish them and make them shiny I would probably keep them on my rig. Unfortunately as far as I know, magnesium will always look dull like that. Mine aren't perfect, a few dings and dents here and there, but if I am every ready to get rid of them I will let you know.
I know these are back in time a bit, but thought I'd chime in since I just read it. I'm pretty sure those wheels are aluminum. Magnesium wheels haven't been made for decades and I don't think they ever came in that pattern. I could of course be wrong. But I have some 5 bolts of those on my truck and I've seen several trucks with these in 6 bolt. They were made by Western and called tubines, cyclones and huricanes. They are fairly easy to find used. They should polish up ok, I hope, because I plan on using mine for a while yet.

Good luck with the build, both truck and shop, when you get to it.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote