View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 10:25 PM   #22
mr48chev

Re: 1965 Seat Belts???

Well, you may think it is "cool" to drive or ride in your rig without them but My wife still has the scars on her cheek and Knees from falling out of the 48 backwards 32 years ago and landing in the street when we turned the corner and she was leaning backwards against the passenger door. She by the way still hates seat belts and has to be told to buckle up every time we get in a rig even though it is mandatory in this state. I'm not sure about the grandfathered pre 68 thing as far as not having or wearing them but keeping my family safe is a lot more important than thinking the truck is too old to need them or it isn't cool to wear them.
We lost a beautiful 28 year old gal from here in town a week ago because she didn't have her belt fastened in her late model and got thrown out during a soft roll over. I saw that car and you could have rolled it on it's wheels and driven it off as it wasn't torn up that bad.

Think about it a bit, do you want you and yours to stay in place if the truck gets in a wreck or out of control or would you rather have you or your significant other hit the windshield, dash or get thrown around in the cab or out of the cab in an accident or even near accident. Up to you.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote