View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 11:54 PM   #193
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: My Big Fat Renovation

I got tired of edging around the house and stupid vines still kept trying to creep up, so I got rid of it all. Digging it up, there was actually an old bed around the whole house about the same size I made mine.

1. New mulch bed, splash block, and stones. The stones keep the roof water from washing the mulch away.

2. Look down the house. It was also important to get this area done so I didn't have to keep trying to weed eat around the A/C unit. There's also satellite and cable wires in the area. I also removed rotten wood from behind the steps (it was absolutely unnecessary!), re leveled the steps, and the blocks with sand and old bricks. Also, the garage door was added after the house was built. It's still in primer and sticks out like a sore thumb. It will be white soon enough. I have to remove the old molding and install J channel, that's right, they just nailed the trim right over the siding.

3. I surprised my wife with this. We had a lot of rocks laying around and I thought it was be cool and score points... it did I'll be adding another one on the other side of the A/C unit between the unit and the garage door, just haven't done it yet.

4 & 5. The wife picked out the flowers and stuff. I just put the dirt in. I think she did a good job.
Attached Images

1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!

Last edited by 67ChevyRedneck; 08-01-2010 at 12:38 AM.
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote