View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 09:56 PM   #159
87chevy.com
BMW & ASE Master Certified

Re: Mcgaughys Big Brake Kit

I need to measure out what my truck stops at.. that sucker stops hard and fast. The front brakes will lock up before the rears will (which is desired) when trying to stop on the dime. Its a dang good setup in my opinion, and I posted some numbers in my original thread : http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=392474

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87chevy.com View Post
Finally got some numbers... with hp tuners hooked up to the truck, and scanning the run, Ive got some stoping numbers..
60-0 = 5.249
50-0 = 4.540
45-0 = 3.562
35-0 = 3.245

These were calculated from the time bar on the bottom oh HPtuners. The front wheels definatly locked, I believe the rears didnt... but not sure. some not sure which when the truck slid, at lower speeds, I let up and re applied. These numbers are off of the VSS rather than distance.... which will be my next stage... I will have some cones at a certian mark and go at various speeds and record the distance traveled. I think that might be more accurate. The VSS would read 0mph if the trucks wheels are locked up... either way... heres some numbers fresh off the scanner...
clint
I didnt think to get a tape measure measurement which is more accurate than the VSS speed. The front brakes on my truck are bone stock (11.5") front... oreilly severe duty pads, and the rears stock junk yard brakes off of an 02 new dodge 1/2 ton (13.8") rears. So in this application, the rears are retarded big compared to the fronts. Im using the stock brake system (booster, M/C and prop valve).

I started a new thread to compliment the McGaughys front Corvette Rotor and Silverado truck calipers.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=415021

clint

New project: 2006 BMW x5 6cyl AWD to L83 6l80e 4wd to 2WD / RWD

A poor man buy's it twice

finally got my domain name back, 87chevy.com.... site rework in progress
87chevy.com is offline   Reply With Quote